Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Hills are Alive in Salzburg: The Tour


Today was the day of all days.
The Tour.
I was PUMPED!!!!

I'm pretty sure Ashley is just trying to make me feel like I'm not too much of a freak.
I'm not sure what we're doing, but we're excited!
Oh Bob and his tours.
Our tour guide was Beatrice and she was a peach!
The back of the Sound of Music house in all it's glory.

How stinkin' beautiful is that!?
totally climbed it... juuuuuuuust kiddin'.

"I have Confidence in me!"
(yes I will be adding in quotes from songs... deal with it)
"I am 16 going on 17 innocent as a rose,
fellows I meet will tell me I'm sweet,
and willingly I'll believe...."

"The first 3 notes just happen to be, Do Re Mi, Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do!"


Then we took a little tripski up into these gorgeous ladies...

There was a house literally on the other side of the road from us, can you imagine waking up to that view every day!!!?? 
Jealous.
And although the snow is slightly misleading we had an absolutely perfect day weather wise. It was blue skies and not too chilly, just a bit brisk.

See that mountain peak waaaaay off in the distance?

This is on top of it. Can you imagine getting way up there??
I'm sure it's fantastico, and can imagine that the view is out of this world.

This is the town Mondsee that they filmed the church wedding, and the scene where all the kids are in the trees and Georg, The Baroness Schraedor, and Uncle Max are in the car driving.
(yes, I do know extremely detailed information about the movie... and I like it that way)

To be honest, I didn't think this looked ANYTHING like the wedding seen from the movie, but apparently this is it... I still think they're lying to us though.


Apple Strudel? Don't mind if I do...


Us with Beatrice... seriously this woman was hilarious. We were cracking up for the majority of the tour.

"I tamed this wild honeymoon stallion for you..."

Ok that was Napoleon Dynamite...not sound of music.

A little more Do Re Mi action... 
This is the garden they run through near the beginning of the film
They hop up and down those stairs... and yes... Jon got video of me re-enacting it.
It. was. magical.

"Fa a long, long way to ruuuuuuuuuun!"


This has absolutely nothing to do with sound of music... but it's still a sweet pict.


Goodbye Salzburg!
You were fabulous, and we'll fo' shizzle be visiting again...

No comments: