Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Violeta

1) Today was the beginning of week 6 in the 1/2 marathon training and I was able to do 4 miles in an avg of 9:13/mile! This is down by 13 seconds per mile from last week.... so basically I'm pretty pumped.

2) We've been a little sick round the Stainbrook Casa.  Jon has been struggling to breathe the past week, and has been hacking up all sorts of fun things. I remained unaffected... until today. I'm now feeling the sore throat, coughing, sneezing, and sickness... it's a treat.

3) I told you there'd be more flowers and I don't lie. Here are some of my favorite flowers from the other day. I saw these little beauties on the side of the road, yelled at Jon to stop, jumped out of the car and proceeded to run up the brushy embankment.

Bare with me... there are a lot of pictures, but I just love them all!







I know, I know, there is no purple in these two, but I just love the way these vines/twigs wrap around the branches. It's just so neat looking.




Love these little guys coming out of the center. I'm not quite sure what they're called. Can anyone help me out?


Ahhhh So pretty! Love these flowers. They just make me happy :)

Hope they bring some cheer to you as well! What are your favorite flowers?

2 comments:

Laura said...

That's the macro lens right? They are fantastic! I hope you take flower photos all summer long!!!

Angie said...

Your pics are beautiful Sarah! Do you have a favorite flower? I don't have a favorite, I just like anything colorful! I think the *little guys* are called stamen. http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/plants/printouts/floweranatomy.shtml Hope you and Jon feel better soon : )