Monday, March 1, 2010

Scrapbooking

I love pictures.
I love taking them, looking at them, and putting them up all over my home.

I do not love organizing them... I'm not good at it. And that is why I do not scrapbook.

I don't have organizational skills for it, nor do I have that type of creative streak in me. And quite frankly I don't have the patience.

I am however doing online digital scrapbooks of all our travels... that is my kind of scrapbook. Just drag and click.

Amanda and I recently had a girls afternoon/night. Amanda loves to scrapbook, she's great at it, and I always marvel at what she creates.


The suitcase it all came over in...
Amanda working her scrapbook magic

So I started out helping Amanda cut little circles using this special cutter and stencil. Needless to say after about 5 "practice papers" I was just not getting it. So I cut the hanguel paper and pasted it onto a page... And that was all I was good for. I believe the quote of the day was...
Me: I just don't think I'm getting it
Amanda: Hmmmm (surveying my shoddy craftsmanship) Why don't we find you something else to do?

And ya know what I don't blame her a bit, I wouldn't want me screwing the beautiful scrapbook up either.


So I banished myself to the computer and blogged while we watched about 7 episodes of Private Practice.

So things I realized....
I am not good at scrapbooking
I have the ability of a 5 year old at scrapbooking
I am much better with computers

The End....


Speaking of Pictures I just uploaded a gazillion photos on Facebook. If you don't have facebook check them out!




No comments: