Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A day in the life...


Today I figured I'd give you a little glimpse into our daily lives. I'll give you a little play by play of my very typical day...

7:20 a.m. Alarm goes off, I tell Jon to turn it off, I go back to bed for another 20 minutes then ask Jon why he didn't wake me... it's a loving relationship. Especially in the morning.

8:30 a.m. Head off to school. Drop Jon off at work and arrive at school.

9:00 a.m. As I look around for my co-teacher I realize that she once again is not there. Yesterday it was too windy for the Ferry and apparently today it is too. So she'll be here half way through the morning. This means I have two classes without her, one on which I wasn't planning on having. Hooray....


10:15 a.m. Co- teacher calls and lets me know that she'll be around for the 11 o'clock class she has. Then I see that the other teachers have changed the classes so it starts at 12. So I'm for sure not going to have to teach it.

11:50 a.m. I realize my co teacher has still not arrived, so I call and ask where she is. Apparently she will not be making it to the school until 12:30 . But decided not to call and let me know I had to teach... hmmmmm. Thank goodness I called.

12:45 p.m. Nasty crap lunch. The picture below isn't actually my lunch today, but it gives you a good idea. Basically all I had today was some rice and two pieces of persimmon... look at me go.
1:15 p.m. I asked my co-teacher to call the physical therapist to ask if there were any exercises at home I could be doing to strengthen my shoulder. I was told that during the winter peoples muscles tighten and that's why my shoulder hurt. riiiiiiiiight. After living in Minnesota for 22 years of my life I'm just now having issues with the cold. And apparently there isn't much I can do with physical therapy so it's up to me if I want to keep going. I realize it's crazy, but I am going to keep going... for many reasons.
1. I get to leave the school at 3
2. I get to lay on a warm bed for an hour and read
3. I get to see a lot of randomness, including the one worker cleaning his ears at the table today... it was a little gross.

3:00 p.m. I leave to go the physical therapist office. I then get to wait 20 minutes in the driveway of our school because soooomebody decided it would be a fantastic idea to park in the middle of the driveway of the only entrance to the school.

3:25 p.m. I get to the physical therapist and go through the routine and then I get this little gem...
ummmm.... does anyone know what this says? seriously I have no idea. I'm reading this while the physical therapist is explaining something to me in Korean, and he seems to be proud that he wrote in English, and thumbs up, but... uhhhh... I don't know what it means. If anyone can decipher it that would be greatly appreciated.

4:15 p.m. as I'm leaving the PT office I go to my little bed to get my jacket. There are three women standing around my bed and I feel something on my back. I think maybe one of the women is grabbing a string off my back... then I feel more hands. And soon they are all stroking my side, rubbing me down. Then they proceeded to tell me that I have a nice body shape... the sad part is that I didn't find it that shocking. *sigh* what has Korea done to me.

4:30 p.m. get home and go for a run

5:30 p.m. decide that I hate my abs enough to do the ab ripper x from p90x ugh.
6:30 p.m. had some FANTASTIC broccoli, chicken alfredo pasta.... hmmm so good. My abs soon forgave me for the slaughter an hour before.
7:30 p.m. Watch Lost because we are now addicted....
10:30 p.m. Go to bed ahhh what a lovely day :)

So now you all know that when I get back if I start parking in the middle of roads and driveways, letting you know everything last minute, cleaning my ears at work, and rubbing your body with my hand and complimenting your body you'll know I've just been in Korea far too long.

2 comments:

Kayla said...

Blah, looking at the lunch wanted to make me gag. lol! Korean cafeteria food is gross! I feel for you:)

Laura said...

I agree, that food looked gross. You sure are getting some life experiences that you'll have to look back and on laugh at, for years to come haha!