Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Avocado Salsa

First off... how in the world is it July already!? When did that happen? And where did the month of June go?  Although I'm not complaining... July will bring the end of school, my mom, sister-in-law, and friends visiting Korea... and hopefully some more beach time :)

July also brings a lot more summery foods and Jon and I've been grilling and making kabobs, turkey burgers, and smores like no other.

One particularly delicious dish I've been mixing up is my version of salsa with some avocado mixed in. I'm not sure if that makes it a guacamole, but it's a chunky guacamole...either way it's light, zesty, and great on just about anything.

Avocado Salsa
(although I'm sure there is an actual name, and I'm also sure that many people already make something super similar or the exact same as this)



Combine
1 cubed ripe Avocado
1/2 of a tomato (we aren't huge tomato people...so if you like it add more)
1 bell pepper of your choice ... we added in some yellow to spruce it up!
1/2-1 onion (we really like onion...but others may not)

Add to your taste
lime juice/lemon juice ( i prefer the lime)
salt and pepper


There you have it. Super easy. Super delicious. Super summery. Yes... it is super duper.


And it's even more super duper a top a salad, taco, fajita, chips, or here a delicious turkey burger...





Enjoy! 

And really enjoy the last day of June! I know we did in Korea land :)

3 comments:

Elisa said...

Hey Sarah,
I know how fun it is when people comment so here I am. I just wanted you to know that I follow your blog and love what you write.

The avocado post finally set me over to commenting because we tried an awesome recipe - spicy (but you can change that). We LOVE it!
http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/10720

Emily said...

I saw the link to this on facebook and my first thought was: TUNA?? And then I had a flashback to the luggage cart. Looks super yummy :)

The Stainbrooks said...

OH Elisa... that looks good!!! And we do add in Cilantro from time to time when we can actually find it ... (i have to order it online in Korea land) but i never thought of making it a bruschetta! yum!

emily.... nice. Tuna on a luggage cart all the way!