Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Muffins of Amazingness

I feel that I should be writing something epic for my 100th post... but really it's just a fantastic recipe :) Sooooo do me a favor... make these. right now. do it. they will rock your face off!

I got this recipe from my friend Fallon and made a few tweaks (not many) but I think you can do a lot with these, and truly they are so good.



Butter Free Oatmeal Muffins
Makes 12

1c. oats
1c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla ( I usually add a smidge more)
1tsp. Honey
2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Nutmeg

Soak all of this in a bowl for 10 minutes

1 medium banana (mash it up!)
1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce (if you can make your own, it's really pretty easy)
2 egg whites

Mix these three together in a separate bowl


1c. whole wheat flour
3 Tbsp. Wheat Germ
3 Tbsp. Ground Flax Seed
1/4 cup brown sugar
1tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup raisins or craisins... or both :)

Mix this together in with the oats and then add in the banana/applesauce mixture.


Pour into greased muffin pan.

sprinkle a mixture of 2 tsp. sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon on top of the muffins for a little crunch on the top!

Bake at 400 degrees and take out when a toothpick comes out clean, and the tops are nice and brown.



I think you'd also be able to add in dried apricots, blueberries, different types of nuts... etc. These muffins are really filling and pretty healthy.




ENJOY the amazingness of the butter free muffin :)


And I MUST give a shout out to my amazing hubby... as of Sunday he finished P90X!!! 90 days of intense weight lifting etc. He did it and I'm so proud of him for sticking with it and making some changes :) 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will give these a try. I love muffins!!! Thanks
Patty