Monday, June 21, 2010

Monday's Meditation: Two Years

Today, the longest day of the year, we are celebrating two years of wedded bliss.  Where that time has gone, I don't think we'll ever know, but it's gone by fast and for 98 % of the time it's been a blast :)

We always heard "Oh the first year is the toughest, it's such a struggle" and quite frankly we really didn't feel any of that. I mean it was difficult at times, but that was more due to the fact that we were living in another country trying to figure some stuff out.

Then we heard "Well, it's the second year. The first year you're still in "honeymoon" phase... trust me/us it gets a lot more difficult once you're facing all those realities"... whelp I have to say the second year has been even better than the first. I don't know if we just adjust to things really well or what but it hasn't felt like "work" or "really hard" like we'd been hearing, and for that I'm grateful.

I know that there will be hard times to come (trust me I'm not that naive to think it'll always be peachy keen) but I know that we'll handle those hard times and by the grace of God we'll make it through those times.  We've built such an amazing foundation away from friends and family and truly have been on our own in so many aspects, it's been challenging, great, a struggle, and amazing.

I'm so thankful for these past two years and cannot WAIT for the next couple of decades :) So here's Jon and I at some of our finer moments....












Just keepin' it real....

No comments: