Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Extra Class Cookie Hour



Every Monday and Tuesday afternoon I get to teach an extra class with 5 students.  We always end up having a lot of fun, and because they are so great and I felt like doing something a little different, we made cookies!

I brought in all of the ingredients and had the students look at the recipe and translate it into English.

First put in the butter
Brown Sugar time!
Regular Sugar time... they were a little shocked at all the butter and sugar... welcome to the U.S.A.
BANILLA! ( that's how they say vanilla... those darn v's and b's)
cream it together
Time to add in the flour, baking soda and powder, and salt!

Mmmmm and the best part, oatmeal and chocolate chips!


And what kind of teacher would I be if I didn't let them taste the dough :)


They thoroughly enjoyed it


Then the next day we rolled out the dough into balls


Baked them

And enjoyed them... 100%!









Such a fun couple of days, and I could tell the students really felt special that they were able to bake cookies.

In other news, I'm in with the running update.
  If I thought the wind was horrible before.... today was HORRIBLE. I'm not exaggerating when I say I almost was blown off of the bridge. I got so freaked out, I immediately turned around to save myself. With all of the wind I was pretty sure my time would be much S L O W E R... but it wasn't! So SUCK IT WIND! Sorry... but I truly feel that it has a personal vendetta against me... but today I conquered... I was able to run the last 2 miles under 9 minutes each! ( I won't mention the first 2.5... because clearly they don't matter)
The stats

6 week stat.
4.5 miles- 9:13/mile! 

I can't believe in less than 3 weeks I will be running a 10k in Seoul and then only a few short weeks later... the 1/2 marathon! It's coming so quickly!

We also have a p90x update.
Jon successfully finished the first training phase and is on his 2nd week of phase two! way to go! And I'm on my 2nd week, and still enjoying it. My arms have been torn up and I can feel it in my chest and back, but I'm loving the feeling of my muscles gaining a little strength! 

Hope you all have a FANTASTIC day :) I know I did!

1 comment:

Laura said...

You made those kid's day, Sara!

That's funny about them confusing the v's and b's. Ashlee Hoppe's younger daughter Addie always called Ava "Aba." She'll be like "Hi Aba!" or "Mommy, Aba bit me." Hahahaha, so hilarious!