Sunday, April 18, 2010

Tulip Festival

If there is one thing Korean people like, it's a good festival. In the spring, there is typically a festival every weekend, if not more than one every weekend. This past weekend we decided to check out the Imja island Tulip Festival. I am SO glad that we did, it was a beautiful day, and it was absolutely gorgeous! Mom... if you're reading... you would've LOVED this festival. So as usual I took a good 300 photos in the 2 hours we were there, and yes I'm going to share a fraction of them with you. There will be many posts to come with more tulip photos...
 But we'll start with just a little taste.

Nothing says classy like giant plastic tulips

This is the aerial shot, it's not huge but it's right by the sea and the tulips are quite impressive!

This is Maribell and her daughter Sophia, Maribell was Jon's co-teacher last year in Haenam.
This photo was funnily taken by a professional photographer who decided to follow us around for a good 30 minutes and kept taking pictures of Jon and I. Oh to be a foreigner.
A huge bouncy palace for the kiddies

So many tulips so little time!



Jon and I enjoying the warm sun and lovely tulips!




Love these orange ones!






Trust me folks there's more to come :) And if you are in Korea... you MUST go next weekend!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sari...thanks for sharing the beautiful tulip pictures...how amazing...it is a garden heaven for me! Obviously there are no deer there to take out the bulbs and blooms or they have a fence all around the perimeter. Really dig those big plastic ones...I wonder how LeRoy would feel about those in our yard.:) love mom

Angie said...

Your tulip pictures are awesome! I've never been to a tulip festival before, it looks fun! I like the orange tulips : )