Thursday, November 18, 2010

Roman Holiday: 3

We started out our third day with a visit to the Borghese Gallery.
Apparently we were all to flustered to actually take a picture of the outside of the building 
and of course like every fabulous museum we've been too no pictures were allowed inside... bummer.

We saw some INCREDIBLE statues/sculptures, seriously out of this world. I could've stared at them all day, but we had a 2 hour time limit and our stomachs were starting to growl.

We did manage to get one picture of the gardens near the gallery... does that count??


Making a pit stop at the Spanish Steps.. you know they were right there so we figured we might as well.


Piazza del Popolo



Then we took a walk along the Tiber




Back at the capital


And a trip to the Coloseum to get pictures with the gorgeous blue sky behind it

Then we took a night walk (actually these are from a series of nights.. we kept getting rained on!)





Four Rivers Fountain


Our view during dinner last night... complete with live music


I have one handsome dinner partner



Trevi... you are so fabulous, I already miss you.

And the Spanish Steps

Even with 4 full days here, I don't feel like I could ever get enough of Rome.

Looking up and seeing the Coloseum or Trevi fountain... it's just too gorgeous and fascinating to me!

I guess we'll just have to keep on coming back!


3 comments:

Elisa said...

The guy to the right of you on the steps photo, in the yellow-ish shirt looks like he's modeling for you photo. Weird.

Emily said...

Ah! Don't you love the Pantheon's square at night? That was my absolute favorite... I think that a joint trip to Roma should be in our future... Can't you just see the four of us gallivanting around the city?? We could RENT VESPAS! Have safe travels & a great Thanksgiving!

Brian said...

Been loving the photos Sara! It looks like you guys are having a great time, I'd be lying if I didn't admit to being a little jealous ;P

When will you be in the cities? Any chance we can see you? Otherwise we'll be up in lovely Pillager for Thanksgiving (Wed through at least Friday night).