Sunday, February 13, 2011

Ch-ch-ch changes

 Today I got Jon geared up to join me again outside at Washington Park in Denver, for yet another 5k :)

This one was vastly different than the last though... let me show you what I mean...


Last Week


This Week
Last Week


This Week


Last Week all bundled up for the teen degree weather


This week... sweatin it out in shorts and a t-shirt in the 60 degree weather :)


Last week, my lungs burning with cold and over-exertion

This week.. my lungs just burning from over-exertion


Both weeks... feelin' awesome and proud afterwards :)
(oh and those black spots on my pink tshirt are my head phones... not awkward pit stains. Just felt the need to clarify)

And while I'm not sure if it was the cold or the fact that I didn't have to worry about slipping every step I made my goal!
I had planned on finishing before 29 minutes and I finished in 28:52!
With 3.18 miles I finished at an avg pace of 9:05/mile!!!
I knocked 12 seconds per mile off my time in 1 week. I was beyond excited!

Another successful race under my belt! Looking forward to more!
And fully looking forward a week that's in the 60's

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, way to go girl...keep up the good work.
MS