Monday, August 8, 2011

Girls hit the highway: 1

To end this fantastic trip in MN I am currently road trippin' it with my mom, sis-in-law, and three young nieces.

As a girl I LOVED the Laura Ingalls Wilder books... and I mean LOOOOOOVED them. Loved as in my mother made me a white flannel nightgown for Christmas when I was a kid. Because of my obsession enjoyment of these books I always wanted to go to all of the homesteads that were talked about in the books.

My childish dreams were crushed, as we never took the trip... until now. 15 some years later my dreams are becoming fulfilled :) It's not quite the same, but I'm sure if I tried I could some how manage to fit in the flannel nightgown again to bring me back to a younger "me".

Our first day entailed getting to Wabesha, MN right across the river from Pepin, WI. We had beautiful weather, and we are all excited to see Pepin tomorrow morning!


view from where we ate


The crew


BEAUTIFUL night 


sweet shot :)


fine dining at it's best



swimming time!

This is Khloe's "cheese"


don't let my smile fool you... it was FREEZING





Fun with the girls!


No comments: