Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Floods and Scones


This morning I woke up, ready to check facebook, and make scones... these lovely delectable, delicious scones.


They are my mother's white chocolate craisin scones.... they're the absolute best things in the world... and I was so looking forward to having a peaceful morning of baking them and sharing them with the neighbors.

Then I took a step outside our bedroom door and stepped in a massive puddle of water. Water had spread over our ENTIRE floor. From sliding glass door to the bathroom. Puddles... everywhere. I assessed the situation and then handled it calmly and cooly by screaming "flood! flood! Jon there is a flood!" Then I immediately broke down in a heap sobbing... just kidding. Although I did feel like flinging myself on the couch and just not accepting it. But accept it I did. We got it all cleaned up. And then figured out it was seeping through our the screen door.


So we lined up towels and spent the morning wringing them out. The same flooding issue happened in Ian and Amanda's house so the boys braved the wind and rain and found us some heavy duty plastic and created a bit of a barrier.





My amazing hubby putting the plastic up against the screen door. I'm so thankful for him and his ability to stay outside in the freezing rain while I stay inside and take pictures of him :)


Meanwhile... I baked these to improve mine, and everyone else' mood. And improve it, it did.



So while my love was outside I sat inside chowing down on this, and all was right with the world... until I broke a plate... and then I threw myself back on the couch and wept and tried to deny any of it ever happened.





2 comments:

Laura said...

Hahaha, what a lovely day, right? Haha, those scones look great! Recipe post maybe??

Melissa said...

Hahah! I am just catching up on your blog and am loving it! You are a great writer....you have the ability to make me feel like I was a little fly on the wall, witnessing everything for myself :) Love you!