Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Lent: Fasting and Feasting

This morning I was reading my good friend Laura's blog.
She had an AMAZING post about Lent that I had to repost.
and because I haven't taken any new pictures lately, and I'm totally lusting after Italy right now, I figured a few views of Cinque Tierre would be welcome.

Lent-
is a time for fasting
is a time for feasting
it is a time to fast from certain things
and feast on others.



Fast from judging others; feast on Christ indwelling in the them

Fast from emphasis on differences; feast on the unity of all life

Fast from apparent darkness; feast on the reality of light


Fast from thoughts of illness; feast on the healing power of God

Fast from words that pollute; feast on phrases that purify

Fast from discontent; feast on gratitude


Fast from anger; feast on patience

Fast from pessimism; feast on divine order

Fast from complaining; feast on appreciation


Fast from negatives; feast on affirmatives

Fast from unrelenting pressures; feast on increasing prayer

Fast from hostility; feast on nonresistance


Fast from bitterness; feast on forgiveness

Fast from self-concern; feast on compassion for others

Fast from personal anxiety; feast on eternal Truth

Fast from discouragement; feast on hope


Fast from facts that depress; feast on truths that uplift

Fast from lethargy; feast on enthusiasm

Fast from suspicion; feast on truth


Fast from thoughts that weaken; feast on promises that inspire

Fast from shadows of sorrow; feast on sunlight of serenity

Fast from idle gossip; feast on purposeful silence.


Lent is coming to a close in a few weeks, and while I've given up  desserts and that has definitely been a sacrifice I love the thought of fasting in non- physical or behavioral ways.

I hope I can take these next few weeks and truly transform the way my mind is thinking and processing. 

I want to fast what is not of God and feast on the truths that He has given me.

Be Blessed!





No comments: